Friday, April 17, 2009

Community Garden!

So I finally tracked down a community garden!  I now have garden plot E5 at Dunbrook Meadows in Lexington.  The gardens are off the Allen Street entrance, and you can see them in the sattelite image on google maps.  
My plot is all the way at the top right next to the trees, in the top left.  It's very squishy and wet - the whole meadow is very boggy.  I will be putting in some kind of raised beds.  I don't think the plot is as shady as it looks - the sattelite image was taken early in the morning, and mostly the sun will be coming from the south (down on this map).

And today, it's supposed to be almost 70 degrees!  Yay!

1 comment:

Daphne Gould said...

How exciting. I've always thought being part of a community garden would be fun. You get to meet all sorts of people that love to garden. Isn't there a community garden in East Arlington? Was it full?